1. How do I apply for a position?
Each applicant must submit an application for consideration of employment. You may apply online or you may pick up an application in our Human Resources Department in the third floor lobby of the Yager Building.
2. Do I need an application for each job I'd like to be considered for?
Yes. If you would like to be considered for several positions, you must apply for each position separately.
3. If I need to make changes to my application after it's been submitted, what do I do?
If you need to make any changes to your application such as name change or address change, you must submit a new application.
4. How long are applications kept on file?
Applications will be kept on file and remain active for 12 months from the date you applied.
5. How long will it take to hear from someone once I apply?
Upon receipt of your resume via Internet, you should quickly receive a "pop-up" window on your screen indicating your application/resume has been processed. If you are a top candidate for an open position, Human Resources will contact you.
6. I sent in my resume and have left voice messages inquiring about my resume and positions. No one has contacted me, why?
We have a large number of applicants who wish to work at Wilson Memorial Hospital. Many of these applicants have excellent experience and education. While all resumes on file are reviewed for each opening, only those who most closely match the job qualifications are contacted for an interview. Please be assured that all resumes are accessed and if you have not been contacted it is because others have more closely matched the job requirements.
7. What does it mean that you are an EEO employer?
It is the policy of Wilson Memorial to affirmatively implement equal opportunity to all qualified staff members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, marital status, age, national origin, or disability and positive action shall be taken to ensure the fulfillment of this policy. Wilson complies with all state and local laws governing non-discrimination. This obligation includes terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to:
- Hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, recall and leave
- Recruitment, advertising, or solicitation for employment
- Treatment during employment
- Rates of pay or other forms of compensation
- Selection for training
- Layoff or termination
8. What benefits does Wilson Memorial Hospital offer?
Click the benefits link on the left to view our benefits.