Physician Memorial Scholarship Fund
The Physician Memorial Scholarship was established in 2008 following the death of Bruce C. Urbanc, D.O. It is awarded annually to students who are enrolled or accepted for enrollment in a fully accredited school of medicine or osteopathic medicine. Awards are made to outstanding students who have demonstrated academic excellence and who show definite need.
Scholarship Information and Guidelines
(Previous applicants need only to provide a school transcript or proof of current enrollment and an updated statement regarding goals, achievements, awards, etc.)
- Applicant must be a graduate of a Shelby County high school.
- Applicant must be currently enrolled or accepted for enrollment in a fully accredited school of medicine or osteopathic medicine in the Continental U.S.
- A completed application packet must be received on or before May 31st and include the following:
- Official copy of school transcript
- Personal statement to include personal history, achievements, accomplishments, awards, goals and ambitions
- Copy of the previous year's IRS 1040 form or if claimed as a dependent by a parent or guardian, the applicable IRS 1040 form
- Three (3) academic, work, or personal references
- All applications will be scored by the Scholarship Review Committee.
- Through our Physician Memorial Scholarship Fund, we provide up to $2,000 to help those students achieve their dreams.
Applications must be fully completed to be considered.
Questions? Contact Human Resources: