Wilson Memorial Hospital offers a full range of laboratory services for both inpatients and outpatients.
- Test blood, urine and tissues to help doctors diagnose and treat a variety of conditions.
- Walk-in Tests available daily to the public on a cash basis.
- Our Walk-In Testing program offers everyone the opportunity to obtain certain laboratory tests without a doctor's order, allowing you to be involved in your own healthcare and management.
- Blood bank, a transfusion service that performs pre-transfusion testing and issues units of blood, platelets or plasma when needed.
The laboratory is complete with state-of-the-art equipment and highly trained qualified professionals to provide accurate, reliable test results.
Monday-Friday: 6:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Saturday: 7:00 a.m. -12:00 p.m.
The laboratory is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association’s Healthcare Facilities Accreditation Program.
How to Report a Complaint About a Laboratory's Operation
What is a complaint?
A complaint is any concern that you may have about a laboratory's operation. Examples include the following:
- Quality of testing
- Unlabeled specimens
- Unethical practices; e.g., record falsification, proficiency testing cheating
- Confidentiality of patient information
- Laboratory personnel qualification or responsibility issues
This is not a comprehensive list and only includes examples of some of the most common types of complaints
Who do I contact for reporting a complaint?
You may contact the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Central Office, Division of Laboratory Services (CLIA), in Baltimore, Maryland at 410-786-3531 locally or at 1-877-267-2323 (toll free) extension 63531.